Orthodontics – Morganville, NJ
Using Clear Aligners to Straighten Smiles
Many people consider straight teeth to be more attractive than crooked teeth, which is why straight teeth make a more powerful first impression on dates and at job interviews. Also, straighter teeth are easier to clean, and they are less susceptible to wear and tear since they can distribute the forces of your bite more evenly. For those who have been wanting to straighten their teeth, Dr. Yana is happy to offer Invisalign as a way to achieve your smile goals without traditional metal braces. Call today to set up a consultation to discuss options for orthodontics in Morganville, NJ.
Why Choose Cambridge Square Dental for Orthodontics?
Comfortable Dental Office
What is Invisalign®?
Invisalign will help you solve these and many other misalignment issues. Invisalign is a very conservative, practically painless, and very comfortable way to solve dental and orthodontic problems. Besides correcting your smile, Clear braces also prevent gum disease, dental decay, tooth wear, bone loss, and joint problems. Invisalign consists of custom-made, virtually invisible, removable aligners that gradually move your teeth. The length of the treatment is very individual, most of the time depending on the severity of the problem. Compared to conventional braces, this type of orthodontic treatment will not interfere with your ability to speak, chew food, clean your teeth or affect your appearance.
Benefits of Invisalign®
- Easier to Clean: Traditional braces can be hard to clean, but Invisalign can be removed, allowing you to brush your teeth normally and clean the aligners outside your mouth.
- Aesthetically Pleasing Treatment: Clear aligners are hard to see when worn. Generally, people won’t even realize you’re wearing any kind of orthodontic appliance.
- No Diet Adjustments: You can eat and drink whatever you want, as you don’t have to worry about removable aligners being damaged by crunchy or sticky foods.
- Quicker Results: Traditional braces sometimes need to be worn for 2 to 3 years. The average Invisalign treatment is 12 to 18 months.
As you can now see, there’s good reason to get Invisalign in Morganville. You may even want the treatment yourself! On the other hand, you likely still have questions about it. After all, chances are you’d like to know what to expect from the aligning process. For that reason, Cambridge Square Dental has listed the answers to some frequently asked Invisalign questions. They should prove helpful for your smile-straightening journey.
Of course, you may have questions that aren’t mentioned in the list. If so, that’s okay; feel free to contact us for more details!
Who is a Candidate for Invisalign?
To determine whether you qualify for Invisalign in Morganville, you should consider a few things. They include the following:
- Your Age: Age is the most significant factor in treatment, as the jaw and teeth change from childhood to teenage years. That said, most teens and adults qualify for Invisalign.
- Daily Wear Time: Patients must wear aligners for roughly 20 hours daily to achieve good results. Those who are younger or less responsible, then, may want to consider braces — being fixed to one’s smile, this option is lower maintenance.
- The Severity of Misalignment: In general, Invisalign can correct crooked, gapped, crowded, and misaligned teeth in the upper and lower arches. Even so, some bite problems may be too severe to treat.
Does Invisalign Hurt?
Overall, Invisalign doesn’t cause pain. Instead, its smooth, plastic design makes it one of the most comfortable orthodontic services.
Admittedly, there is an adjustment period when you first get your trays. At that time, you might experience slight soreness or discomfort. However, such feelings will fade quickly as you get used to Invisalign. In the meantime, though, you could use a cold compress or over-the-counter medication to manage them.
How Long Does Invisalign Take?
How long Invisalign takes varies from patient to patient. Some clients will have differing misalignment issues, higher or lower levels of commitment to treatment, etc.
Still, there are some consistent patterns and averages. Typically, the Invisalign process goes for 12 to 18 months before finishing. In cases of mild misalignment, though, patients might only need aligners for six months. As such, even the longest-lasting Invisalign treatments are still four months shorter than the average time with metal braces.
What Happens After Invisalign?
Once done with Invisalign in Morganville, you might think you don’t need to focus on alignment anymore. In truth, though, you must follow the proper aftercare. As it turns out, you’ll have to work to maintain your newly-aligned smile.
Your post-treatment will start with you wearing a retainer, which will either have wires or be made of clear plastic. Either way, this appliance will preserve your treatment results and thus ensure you have straight teeth for years to come. It’ll also be more comfortable to wear than the models used in the past.
As for how often you’ll wear this retainer, your dentist will suggest the exact times. In most cases, they recommend wearing it full-time before slowly easing up. After a certain point, you can then wear it at night.